Course overview: Marine invertebrates
- This is a course for introducing students to the marine invertebrate biology, functions and processes that take place in them.
- This course will provide information about their role in the marine ecosystem, and particular attention will be payed to understanding the overall evolution of the animal kingdom.
- Aim of this course is to study marine invertebrates and to introduce students the classification, anatomy, physiology, embryological development and ecology of individual invertebrate phyla.
- One of the main objectives of the course is to train students for planning and implementation of measures to prevent the negative aquaculture (e.g., fish farm) impact on overall marine wild benthos.
- Practical work on different marine invertebrates includeed.
The project was co-financed by the European Union from the European Social Fund. The content of the website is the sole responsibility of the University of Zadar.